1. I once had a sweetheart – trad. (with Stef Conner)
2. Hinterland – John Stringer
3. Come at dawn – anon. (with Stef Conner)
4. Black swans – Martin Scheuregger
5. Bird on a briar – anon. (with Stef Conner)
6. Of silence and harmony – Christopher Leedham
7. Banks of green willow – trad. (with Stef Conner)
Total running time: 38m 48s
Stef Conner joins contemporary classical ensemble Dark Inventions, singing traditional folk songs, which are juxtaposed with three contemporary works for chamber ensemble.
Here’s what Dark Inventions say about the CD:
“This album takes us on a journey between three sparse yet sonorous sonic landscapes; on the way we meet four itinerant characters who tell their stories through song.”
Recorded (on 27 April 2013) and mastered by Jez Wells at the Music Research Centre, University of York. Produced by Christopher Leedham and Martin Scheuregger.